Building and Construction - Redditch
My client is looking for a Senior Surveyor to join their team within the Building and Construction industry in Redditch, Worcestershire. The Senior Surveyor vacancy will be for an initial 6-12 Months with the potential for extension based on performance and internal circumstances.
- To assist the Senior Contracts Manager to successfully deliver the annual planned/capital/cyclical works programs and services.
- To oversee and undertake the preparation of reports, estimates, feasibility studies, design and contract procurement for revenue and capital schemes as identified by the Senior Contracts Manager including preparation of invitation to tender documents, evaluation of tenders, appointment of contractors and the management and supervision of contracts on site.
- To undertake feasibility studies and condition surveys, and to prepare specifications for possible remedial works.
- To prepare, monitor and provide regular updates of expenditure on capital budgets and performance of the services and to maintain financial and statistical records for all capital works including any special projects.
- To advise on the suitability of contractors, including management of projects and contractors' work on site.
- To instruct and control the performance of external consultants appointed in connection with the construction, conversion and refurbishment programmes.
- Carry out surveys and compile information to assist with the preparation of specifications and other contract documents, including measured surveys.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and respond quickly to actions arising from the Council's legal obligations, .e.g. Section 82's and Section 11 requirements
- Experience of working within the Residential Social Landlord or Local Authority Sectors.
- UK Driving License
- Membership (Eligible) of RICS
- Ideally experience as a Senior Surveyor.
To discuss this Senior Surveyor vacancy, or any similar Building and Construction roles we have available near Redditch, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today.