Midland Heart now have fantastic opportunity for a Chef to join our Retirement Living services scheme at Terry Springs in Redditch.
Job Ref: 3172
Location: Terryspring Court, Redditch
Salary: £15,454 per annum (Full-Time Equivalent)
Hours: 18 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
As a Chef, you are required to provide a comprehensive catering service to the scheme, and work under instruction as well as on their own initiative. You will be responsible for menu planning specific to scheme requirements and liaise all changes with the catering Manager.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a Food Safety Level 2 qualification - or must be obtained within 6 months of employment
- Are confident in operating a basic till and cash handling
- Are highly motivated to develop self and others for consistent quality service delivery
- Have a sufficient knowledge of HAACP and implementation
The post holder will be expected to step in to cover annual leave and sickness
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary which is regularly reviewed and benchmarked with the market
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Shopping & leisure discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular tailored training & personal development plans
If you value the ability to work flexibly and maintain a healthy work life balance, yet still engage in a rewarding catering role for an organisation that makes a real difference then we would love to hear from you.
Closing Date: 15th October 2017
We reserve the right to close this advert before the advertised date if deemed necessary.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button to be directed to the Midland Heart website where you can download the role profile and complete the application process.
Please do read the role profile before you begin your application. If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, for example large print, more information can be found on our website.
Midland Heart aspires to be a digital organisation that minimises its impact on the environment. Wherever possible, we will conduct transactions digitally rather than by paper and ask that current and future employees share this commitment. Where required, we will support colleagues to be digitally enabled.
No agencies please.