Assistant Merchandise Planner
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Merchandise Planner to join our team !
Halfords are the UKs leading retailer of leisure and automotive products and the UKs leading operator in garage serving and auto repair. Our retail business boasts over 460 stores, on-line shopping, a delivery service and in-store collection. Just to top this off we are now one of the Sunday Times 30 best big companies to work for!
The Merchandise Planning team play a pivotal role within the business. They own and generate accurate sales volume forecasts and intake plans for each Product Group, coordinating inputs from Buyers and Suppliers. The management of stock within company guidelines is key, to maximise sales potential and minimise stock holding.
This role will work closely with the Merchandise Planners but also the trading, imports and DC teams.
The role will support with the delivery of all Merchandise Planning KPI's as well as support with regular and effective communications with suppliers, generate reports and sales & stock analysis .
• Support Merchandise Planner with forecasts for sales volume taking inputs from trading teams for promotions, new ranges and seasons.
• Support Merchandise Planner to manage stock intake plans to deliver sales.
• Support Merchandise Planner with management of all aspects of Merchandise Planning KPI's including DC and Store Availability; stock holding; stock turn; OTB; forecast accuracy; DC capacity.
• To assist the management of inventory to agreed stock budgets and within OTB
• Make recommendations to the Merchandise Planner when day to day stock issues arise, and on under/over performance
• To work closely with the DC to ensure all administrative processes are followed correctly
• To work cross functionally with relevant departments, e.g space planning; digital; retail operations etc.
• Support with range reviews and promotions to ensure all are landed in store, on time and to plan
• Support Merchandise Planner with clearance of Obsolete and redundant stock
• Day to day contact for suppliers
• Run category reports for use by Merchandise Planning team
• Second point of contact for store queries
• Good teamwork and collaboration
• Good communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast - paced environment
• Prioritisation skills
• Good Numeracy skills
• Ability to problem solve
• Process driven
• Commercial and customer understanding