Paralegal - Residential Conveyancing
Paralegal - Residential Conveyancing - Kidderminster/Halesowen/Stourbridge/Dudley
Salary - Competitive
A well-established legal firm in the West Midlands are seeking Paralegals to support senior fee earners dealing with Conveyancing matters.
- Assisting a solicitor with caseloads of residential sales and developer plot sales from instruction by the client to completion with potential for assisting in purchase and refinance transactions.
- Updating solicitors and/or partners in the team on progression of all matters on a regular basis;
- Drafting and amending relevant documents, i.e. Contracts, Transfer Deeds;
- Undertaking various searches for each property and check the results of the searches for any adverse information;
- Completing all relevant checklists
- Ensuring that requisite documents are signed on completion, i.e. legal charge, declaration of mortgagee(s), transfer deeds;
- Attending to post completion formalities, undertaking all registrations and dealing with any issues raised as a result;
- General administration, i.e. photocopying and filing;
- Opening and closing files on Case Manager and ensuring that the paper file is also opened or closed;
- Anti-Money Laundering checks to include checking on the firms database if already a current client or if new client requesting the relevant identification by sending a letter or telephone call asking for the information;
- Chasing up clients, lenders and other solicitors to ensure progression of each matter and that deadlines are met by using the electronic diary;
- On occasions, helping the Registrations Department with post completion of files on all matters in the Commercial Property department;
- Preparing bills and completion statements, using the client ledgers on the Case Management System.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Peter on or email to