Band 5/6 Pharmacy Technician
Job title: Band 5/6 Pharmacy Technician
Salary: GBP18.00 - GBP32.00 ltd per hour depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Are you a Pharmacy Technician looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Are you a responsible individual with a passion for health care and team work? Are you wanting to develop your career within a friendly and supportive team of professionals? If so we may have the perfect role for you.
As a Pharmacy Technician you will be working within the medicines management team providing a skilled and technical pharmacy support service to wards across different hospitals within the Powys area.
Main duties will include:
- Participate in ward stock top-ups and ward in-patient top ups.
- Undertake accurate housekeeping of stocks, ensuring limits are accurately set and expired stock is properly managed, including checking for supply of emergency drugs and liasing with supplying pharmacy where necessary.
- Liaise with medical, nursing and other health care professionals, as appropriate, regarding any identified medication queries or issues.
- Liaise between all stakeholders involved in patients medication prior to admission, and on discharge (using eDischarge) where necessary.
- Support medicines adherence through appropriate medication counselling of patients and/or their carers, and focussing on medicines reconciliation changes
- Take part in post-discharge patient support initiatives, which may include travel to patients homes, and/or care homes.
- To inform and train hospital staff to understand the purpose and use of the MTeD system and assessment of patients own drugs for use on the ward.
- Use appropriate record systems in supporting care, and providing information for further analysis.
Pharmacy Technicians are committed to providing a public health care service to achieve the goal of positive outcomes from the use of medication which improves quality of life with minimum risk. We're dedicated to finding you roles that will allow you to provide this.
With an immediate start and on going work available please call Faye Barlow on for more information.
What we want from you:
- NVQ Level 3 and BTEC or equivalent qualification in Pharmaceutical Science.
- GPHC registered.
- Medicines management experience.
What we can offer in return
- A recruitment consultant, compliance officer and payroll administrator dedicated to making sure you are looked after supported and have regular communications throughout the entire role.
- Confirmed booking durations with Rates and Rotas agreed in advance of booking.
- Weekly payroll.
- Access to all available bookings and can balance your availability to match roles that meet your needs.
- Opportunities to Permanent Recruitment Roles new to market.
- Suitable Clinical supervision and Appraisal management.
To find out more or to apply for this role get in touch with our Pharmacy consultant Josh Wood on