Conveyancing Legal Secretary - Kidderminster - up to GBP20,000 + Benefit
My Client is now seeking a Legal Residential Conveyancing Secretary for their Kidderminster Office. This job will be supporting in the Residential Conveyancing department.
Tasks and Activities
- To undertake all work of a secretarial nature as may be requested by any fee earner including typing, photocopying, making and taking phone calls.
- To undertake such work as may be delegated by your Fee Earner or Partner in relation to client matters or any administrative duties that may be required.
- To take and record accurately any message and pass the same on to the appropriate person without delay.
- To make appointments and maintain up to date diary entries.
- To assist with file management and ensure consistent reviews of files.
- To ensure accurate time recording of all work undertaken by your fee earner.
- To assist your Fee Earner or Partner in prioritising the client matter and when appropriate advise the client and others of the progress of the matter.
- Attending clients and others when appropriate on behalf of the Fee Earner or Partner. Taking accurate instructions for your fee earner's attention
- To deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client's papers and files, opening and closing of files, storage of deeds and other papers all in accordance with firm policies.
- To prepare and serve refreshments to clients and fee earners as required
Responsibilities and aims
- To assist with the implementation of good working practices in line with firm procedures.
- To use initiative on all matters.
- To carry out and produce work to the highest possible standards.
- To adhere to and implement the firm's guidelines and policies as defined in the office manual.
- To use correctly the firm's office equipment including franking machine, photocopier and computers and to report any faults.
- To ensure confidentiality and security for all firm and client documentation and information.
- To undertake any specific training course as and when required.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other members of staff and to assist other secretaries when required.
- To comply with all office Health and Safety standards.
Skills and experience
- Experience of working as a Legal Secretary, within a Residential Conveyancing Department
- Competent touch typist.
- Competent audio typist.
- IT literate with experience of the Microsoft Office suite of applications e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook (SOS case management system desirable).
- Excellent telephone manner and experience of dealing with clients.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Please apply to Liz at TSR Legal