Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader
Competitive salary and benefits
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at .
Job location(s): Hereford
Cargill's European poultry business is a leading supplier of food products to retail, foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets. By combining global market knowledge and experience with local market understanding and insight, Cargill's European poultry business is committed to expanding its business and markets through innovation, and by creating real customer and consumer value in its products and services.
The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate operational activities for the site, as well as supervising, motivating and developing a team of up to 25 multi skilled production operatives. You will be responsible for ensuring that operatives produce quality products which meet customer requirements, on time and to specification in a safe and efficient manner, within agreed the cost standards. The successful candidate will be working within a fast-paced production environment in our European poultry business.
- To supervise a team of up to 25 operators ensuring efficiency of the production process
- Ensure yields are met to customer specification and that excess wastage is monitored and controlled
- Ensure the quality of the product meets regulatory and customer specifications
- Ensure that orders are completed on time and to the agreed customer requirement
- Ensure employee and product safety at all times by ensuring full training is given according to task procedures and individual needs
- Maintaining adherence to company safety and hygiene standards
- Completing any health and safety documentation for the shift
- Managing basic data entry into SAP
- Management of team; including time and attendance, welfare, performance reviews & coaching, engagement, highlight training gaps and needs, disciplines etc.
- Ensure all Company policies, standards and processes are met and adhered to by all personnel on shift
- Cover for the shift managers when required
- Previous experience of leading people - essential
- Effective communication and team development skills - essential
- Planning and organisational capability - essential
- Committed with a desire to lead in a fast paced environment - essential
- Basic computer skills - essential
- NVQ Level 4 in supervisory management or equivalent -desirable but training will be provided
- Previous experience of working in the food manufacturing industry - desirable
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest companies in the world.