Assistant Financial Accountant
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Line Manager Job Title: Senior Financial Accountant
Working efficiently and accurately in order to meet the goals of the Financial Accounting team.
- Monthly accounting for key balance sheet accounts to ensure they are reconciled and reported in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reporting both internally and externally as required
- Involvements in the compliance duties of the team, including UK VAT, to ensure deadlines are met. Additionally to work as a reviewer of VAT decisions made on products that the company sells
- Stock Reporting To be responsible for maintaining stock reconciliations and to provide in depth analysis of stock movements and stock holdings, to the business
- Balance sheet reconciliations, Completing key balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting in aspects of compiling budget and reforecast information
- Keeping technically up-to-date, Maintaining a good level of technical knowledge
- Assisting with the production of the annual statutory accounts. Contribute to the production of the annual statutory accounts and other external returns to pre-agreed deadlines.
- Liaison with the external auditors. Assist the auditors and provide information as required to ensure the successful completion of the annual audit
- Be a key finance contributor to projects Contributing to department or business projects as required to ensure finance needs are adequately satisfied
- Support to the business on finance matters. Assist the business with any financial accounting related queries to achieve a satisfactory solution. Support the financial accounting team with technical knowledge in the absence of the Senior Financial Accountant
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
Part qualified accounting professional (CIMA/ACCA), towards the end of their studies
Good level of experience in Microsoft Excel and Word
Experience in a commercial environment an advantage
- Motivated individual
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Team player in order to meet team objectives
- Works to a high level of accuracy
- Eagerness to learn
- Adapts to changing circumstances
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
- Works productively in a high-pressure environment
- Emotionally resilient
- Maintains a positive outlook at work
- Keen to apply constructive feedback to improve work processes.
Creating and Conceptualising
- Open to new ideas and experiences.
- Seeks out learning opportunities.
- Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity.
- Thinks broadly and strategically.
- Supports organisational change.
- Learning and Researching
- Rapidly learns new tasks and quickly commits information to memory
- Demonstrates a rapid understanding of newly presented information
- Manages knowledge
- Creating and Innovating
- Produces a range of solutions to problems
- Seeks opportunities for organisational improvement
- Understand controls and processes, and can identify possible opportunities or improvements
- Interacting and Presenting
- Communicates effectively. Relates to others in a confident and relaxed manner. Presenting
- Speaks clearly and fluently
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly
- Relating and Networking
- Establishes good relationships with customers and staff
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Organising and Executing
- Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures. Planning and Organising
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Manages time effectively
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
- Delivering Results
- Sets high standards for quality
- Monitors and maintains productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieve project goals
- Following Instructions
- Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority
- Allows procedures and policies
- Analysing and Interpreting
- Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicates well in writing.
- Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly
- Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise
- Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development
- Shares expertise and knowledge with others
- Uses technology to achieve work objectives
- Demonstrates an understanding of different organisation departments and functions
- Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information
- Breaks information into component parts, patters and relationships
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem
- Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis
- Produces workable solutions