HR MANAGER - to GBP35,000 - Coventry
Do you have proven first-class HR management and people development skills with the energy, enthusiasm and commercial awareness necessary to be a key influencer across the business?
Are you team orientated with experience of coaching and mentoring, building relationships and modernising systems?
Do you thrive in a standalone role in a manufacturing environment where you can demonstrate your ability to engage at all levels?
Then this could be the perfect role for you! But first, please read all of the following:
Our client, part of an international organisation which trades, distributes and manufactures metals and related products, is seeking an experienced HR Manager for its manufacturing site in Coventry. In this standalone role, you'll manage and develop all aspects of the HR function for a workforce of 90 and will support the management team in developing a team-orientated, supportive, welcoming and open-minded working culture.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review and evaluation of existing manual HR systems and develop/modernise as necessary
- Review and updating of company handbook and associated policies and procedures
- Compilation and delivery of leadership development program
- Ensure legal compliance and provide guidance with respect to HR legislation
- Coaching and mentoring line managers to develop management skills and HR knowledge as appropriate
- Analyse and define training needs for the team, implementing training programmes as required
- Co-ordinate recruitment activities
- Prepare and conduct HR inductions
- Ensure accurate filing of employee information in line with Data Protection Act
- Aid in the development and engagement of the company's team
- Development and implementation of a performance management program
- Provide HR support during formal meetings
- Proactively work and liaise with Group Head Office as required including periodic reporting of statistics
- Analysis of time and attendance system data, generating absence information as needed
- Work with the Health & Safety Manager in order to ensure a safe work place for all
- Ensure adherence at all times to Group guidelines
You'll be expected to demonstrate your ability to engage at all levels and to be open and approachable whilst maintaining a professional detachment. You must also be willing to take ownership of all aspects of the role, from Group liaison and reporting through to general HR admin tasks.
Key essential requirements include:
- CIPD qualified or working towards full qualification
- Experienced in managing the HR function within a manufacturing environment or similar
- Content to work in a less than glamorous environment
- An influential team player with excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage, empower and motivate personnel to achieve.
- Upbeat, positive with a 'can-do' attitude, happy to integrate and become a valued member of the team.
- Fresh, modern approach and thinking with a professional and personable demeanour and attitude.
- Organised, focused, resilient and inquisitive with an interest in all functions within the business.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to maintain sound relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Experienced in building and maintaining an effective and mutually supportive relationship with Group Head Office.
- Able to earn and maintain mutual respect with fellow employees. Takes the initiative in keeping others informed on matters of mutual interest.
- Experienced in managing and providing support for disciplinary meetings.
- Experienced in delivering HR related training.
- Naturally confident and able to use own initiative to seek out opportunities to improve processes and services.
- A self-motivated and proactive contributor able to be a catalyst for change.
- Highly credible, trustworthy and reliable; makes realistic commitments and lives up to them, meeting deadlines and taking full ownership of the role.
Interested? Then apply now by attaching your CV to your application and explaining in a few words why you believe you're the one for the role - but please only apply for this vacancy if you are genuinely able to offer the personal traits, experience and skills detailed above and are currently living in the UK, have a straightforward daily commute to the Coventry area and are able to work standard full-time office hours, Mon - Fri.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to consider applications from overseas and time constraints prevent us from being able to respond to speculative applications made through this site so please don't be offended if you don't hear back from us in these instances. We WILL respond to UK applications that are relevant to the position advertised - promise!