Private Client Legal Secretary - Worcester - up to GBP21,000 + Benefits
Our award winning Client, due to recent growth and success within the department, are now seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to join their Worcester office.
Skills and experience
- Experience of working as a Legal Secretary, preferably within a Private Client team.
- Competent touch typist.
- Competent audio typist.
- IT literate with experience of the Microsoft Office suite of applications e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook (SOS case management system desirable).
- Excellent telephone manner and experience of dealing with clients.
- Strong organisational skills
- Effective communication skills.
The role will involve:
- To undertake all work of a secretarial nature as may be requested by any fee earner including typing, photocopying, making and taking phone calls.
- To undertake such work as may be delegated by your Fee Earner or Partner in relation to client matters or any administrative duties that may be required.
- To take and record accurately any message and pass the same on to the appropriate person without delay
- To make appointments and maintain up to date diary entries.
- To assist with file management and ensure consistent reviews of files.
- To ensure accurate time recording of all work undertaken by your fee earner.
- To assist your Fee Earner or Partner in prioritising the client matter and when appropriate advise the client and others of the progress of the matter.
- Attending clients and others when appropriate on behalf of the Fee Earner or Partner. Taking accurate instructions for your fee earner's attention.
- To deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client's papers and files, opening and closing of files, storage of deeds and other papers all in accordance with firm policies.
- To prepare and serve refreshments to clients and fee earners as required.
- To correctly identify and differentiate between DX and Royal Mail post and hand or other deliveries.
Please apply to Liz at TSR Legal