Express Recruitment are proud to be working with one of the UK's most trusted and reputable companies providing first class care and support to those in need. Due to their ever increasing success and growing recognition nationwide, they are seeking an experienced and highly talented Quantity Surveyor to join their East Midlands team.
Please note the role will consist of regular travel to London (overnight stays) for training and work purposes. Accommodation and contributory travel costs are covered by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Holding regular meetings with clients and subcontractors both on site and at office based locations
- Negotiating of contract tenders and pricing requirements including specialist/supply chain support in order to deliver the best value
- Preparing monthly cost quotas and compiling detailed reports reviewing the value and results achieved to date
- Managing the control of 3rd party costs and ensure payments are received on time
- Liaising closely with the supply chain and acting as the point of contact for subcontract support
- Delivering detailed insight into financial and operational performance to the Commercial Manager and Senior Management team
- Ensuring that monthly KPI targets are exceeded
- Adhering to technical and commercial standards in compliance with British manufacturing standards
- Maintaining an excellent working knowledge of health and safety regulations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within surveying or similar field
- Previous experience in a quantity surveying role within a commercial environment
- Previous experience working with contracts and negotiating pricing structures
- Ability to demonstrate excellent planning, budgeting and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of interpreting financial data and operating in house systems
- Experience managing the collaboration between supply chain and subcontractors
In return our client are offering an industry leading salary plus an array of benefits and rewards to choose from. In addition they offer a highly competitive pension scheme plus a generous holiday entitlement, with the ability to buy and sell up to an extra 5 days!
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now. Please acknowledge that you must be flexible in regards to occasional long working hours, travel times and potential overnight stays.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency.