Systems Engineer - Electrical Eng - 34147 - up to 28.10/hr
Title: Systems Engineer
Division: Electrical Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
- Requirements gathering and analysis, software strategy design, development and execution of validation process and associated simulation environments.
- Low level software implementation for safety critical system.
- Working closely with System, Hardware, Software and Diagnostics SMEs to define low level software requirements.
- Issue investigation and ECU diagnosis.
- Working with a team of system and software engineers, including off-shore team, to deliver concept and production systems in a timely manner, according to vehicle programme timing and local delivery milestones.
- Leading a small team in the design and development of embedded software.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience in software architecture implementation in AutoSAR framework
- Experience with low level drivers implementation
- Good knowledge of embedded "C"
- Thorough understanding of embedded software design and development process in the real time applications
- Experience of production software development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development "V" cycle, from requirements to validation.
- Experience with low level drivers implementation, on 32,16 and 8bits microcontrollers; experience with Aurix Infineon and NXP MPC55xx would be an advantage
- Proficiency in using test equipment including, but not limited to, Canalyser, Canape, oscilloscope, digital logic anyser and other test equipment
- Experience with Lauterbach debuggers.
- Experience in software architecture implementation, including software and software-hardware interfaces, preferably for AutoSAR compliant and multicore / multiprocessor systems.
- Thorough understanding of embedded software design and development process in real time applications.
- Good knowledge of embedded "C", and relevant standards such as MISRA. Automotive SPICE.
- Excellent debugging and issue investigation skills.
- Understanding of quality and robustness techniques and standards such as FMEA, P-Diagrams, noise factor analysis, and data analysis techniques to support this
- Prior automotive software experience preferably in Chassis, Vehicle Dynamics, or Longitudinal Control preferred, though strong candidates with relevant control system experience from other industries such as aerospace will also be considered
- Virtual validation tools and techniques such as desktop Simulation tools (e.g. IPG CarMaker) or HIL environments (e.g. dSpace), and associated plant model development.
- Requirements and change management tools and processes, version control, control strategy documentation.
- Understanding of Mathworks toolchain (Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow) for real time applications
- Experience with AUTOSAR stack configuration and hardware abstraction layer implementation
- Knowledge of software engineering principals such as model based software development, software architecture, dSpace Targetlink, the C programming language, and relevant standards e.g. MISRA advantageous but not essential
- Experience of virtual test, component test and vehicle testing including proving ground environments
- Knowledge of Rapid Control Prototyping tools (e.g. dSpace Autobox or similar)
- Component and system level issue investigations including appropriate problem solving and reporting tools (Six Sigma, 5D, Is / Is Not, Fault Tree etc)
- Understanding of automotive networking, diagnostics and fault handling techniques, and related system development tools (CANalyzer, ASL, CANape, etc.)
- Experience of safety critical systems and software, including standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 or similar.
- Experience working with or managing offshore software development teams and / or 3rd party ECU suppliers for software coding and integration tasks
- Full driving license valid in the UK is a must
Degree in Electronics, Software, Automotive / Aerospace engineering or similar subject, or equivalent industry experience.
Experienced and independent Engineer to join an established team to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision to lead the offshore team through the implementation.