Mechanical Design Engineer
A new Mechanical Design Engineer is required within an established and growing company. The new candidate will be joining a strong, highly motivated and successful team, who will play a critical role in the progression of the business. We are looking for an extremely motivated candidate, a highly enthusiastic individual who is passionate about their work and can develop and grow within the role.
The role of the Mechanical Design Engineerwill include the following:
- Conceptual design, prototyping and testing of new products
- Continuous improvement / value engineering of existing products
- Provision of test support
- Delivery of technical training
- Liaison with suppliers on technical aspects of integration of new products in to product range
- Compile supporting technical documentation
The suitable candidate for the Mechanical Design Engineer role will need to possess the following competences:
- Relevant degree or demonstrable experience working in a relevant product design and development environment.
- Experienced Solidworks user.
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes (e.g. machining, extrusion, plastic and alloy moulding, MIM, pressed metal powder and sintering, sheet metalwork etc.)
- Design of mechanical and electromechanical devices (e.g. small gear boxes etc.)
- Experience if Rapid prototyping, and additive manufacturing.
- Project management of whole product development cycle
- Design development from concept to series production
If you are interested in this Mechanical Design Engineer role and you seek an exciting opportunity, then please click on the link to apply or contact Ed Smith - Automation Recruitment Specialist - or call