Special Needs TA - Kiddeminster - ASAP Start
Special Needs TA - Special needs school - Kidderminster - ASAP Start
This is broad spectrum special needs school for children aged 3 to 19 including a residential unit. They have only been in their fabulous purpose built building since April 2015. Previous to this the school was on two sites following the restructuring of the school in 2011.
The school works tirelessly to meet the needs of all the children so they develop and progress academically, socially, emotionally and physically. The school's values of enthusiasm, resilience, honesty, teamwork and trust shine out from all that they do. We have an exciting curriculum which is broad and balanced and make the use of our specialist facilities; including soft play, dark room, sensory rooms, vocational hub, swimming pool, gym and riding for the disabled. They are also a communication specialist school and use sign-a-long, PECS and communication passports. The school is passionate about the benefits of outdoor education from Forest Schools, to outdoor pursuits, working the land and exploring the environment. This work is crucial in building emotional resilience, team work and independence.
Successful Teaching Assistants must have:
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- Relevant experience as SEN support worker or classroom assistant
- Experience of 1:1
- Level 3 in supporting teaching and learning or equivalent
- Promote equal opportunities in the classroom
- Patient and caring personality being able to handle stressful situations calmly.
- Commitment to learning and development of pupils
- Flexibility, providing support where needed and working alongside staff to gain a full understanding of the students' needs
- Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students
You must hold an NVQ Level 3 teaching assistant qualification or equivalent for this role. If you are driven and motivated by children's learning and development, then please apply with an up to date CV representing your full work history.
To find out more about this SEN TA role please contact Academics Ltd on