Field Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
Our client is a UK industry leading firm specialising in the provision of specialist engineering machinery. Due to continued expansion and success they are currently seeking a Field Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to cover the North and South of England.
Due to the demanding nature of the role and the large area covered you will be required to stay overnight in provided accommodation which may occur occasionally on a weekly basis from time to time.
- Service, repair and maintenance of machine tools for the woodworking industry
- Carrying out pre planned maintenance on manual machine tools and equipment e.g. lathes, grinders, bench saws, drills, milling machines
- Diagnosing machine faults and determining most methodical method of repair
- Filing fault reports on machine breakdowns and ordering spare parts
- Liaising with customers and engineers on site
- Commissioning of new and used equipment on site
- Basic client training to ensure safe use of equipment
- Travel across the midlands to attend client sites
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with machine tools in a service and repair role
- City and Guilds Time Served Mechanical Engineer
- Ability to fault find and carry out full scale repairs with no supervision
- Customer focused and able to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Full clean UK Driving Licence
This is a client facing role and will require excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently with confidence. In return our client is offering a competitive industry salary, brand new company van plus benefits.
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now. Please acknowledge that you must be flexible in regards to occasional long working hours, travel times and potential overnight stays.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency.