Project Manager - 34149 - up to GBP32.48/hr Ltd Co - Body
Title: Project Manager
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Responsible for ensuring the Centre of Competence delivers its commitments to one or more vehicle line programmes to achieve product development gateway requirements on time. They are the prime interface to the Body Engineering Programme team, responsible for delivering requirements on time, to quality, from Pre Product Start to Job1.
In your role, you will:
- Manage the day to day workload of Lead Engineers in conjunction the commodity Group Leaders.
- Manage structured problem solving techniques and ensure robust engineering solutions.
- Manage your team in the planning, coordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support given Cycle Plan programmes and Cycle Plan studies, using Product Development System principles in conjunction with other company processes as required.
- Manage and resolve through strong collaboration, the technical issues internal to Exterior Systems, within Body Engineering and cross functionally.
- Manage Exterior Systems programme health status using key programme metrics (e.g. AIMS, WERS, RMDV.)
- Lead and manage the Exterior Systems input to Body Engineering Senior Project Leader and drive the team in the use of tools and processes to manage the completion of deliverables for programme gateways.
- Work closely with Design, Functional Engineering Centres, Product Strategy, Advanced Product Creation and Marketing to ensure the programme delivers the expected prescribed product actions in a robust manner.
- Be responsible for a financial planning with respect to budget management and business case project planning or product cost, estimating targets within vehicle programmes.
- Ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a project team environment.
- An understanding of critical dimensioning and tolerancing to achieve world class gap and flush tolerances.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, self-confidence and a 'passion for the product'
- Previous engineering project leadership experience.
- Experience in BoM and Complex Commodity Release (CCR) kits
- Problem solving techniques AIMS, 8D Supplier management
- Experience in commonality and complexity and feature management would be beneficial.
- A relevant Engineering Degree
- You will need a good working knowledge of exterior plastic mouldings, painted, compression and injection moulding processes.
- An ability to translate functional design requirements and validation methods, manage change and the ability to deliver with minimum supervision.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now with an up to date CV. For more information, please contact Lois Weston on or email .