Star Employment is currently recruiting for a Buyer for our well established manufacturing client based in Wolverhampton. Experience within a similar role would be ideal but the company are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join the growing team.
Full time permanent position - £22,500
- Purchase order generation – System initiated/directs procurement. Evaluate system data, liaise with Operational colleagues, arrange shipping where required and schedule orders to ensure optimum stock holding to support customer order fulfilment within stock valuation parameters.
- Purchase order schedule review – continually review and action any need to expedite, defer, amend quantity on raised purchase orders to ensure optimum stock holding required to support customer order fulfilment within stock valuation parameters.
- Produce purchasing reports – run, action and edit where appropriate eg. stock availability report, stock valuation report, supplier quality and delivery performance reports, outstanding credit reports.
- Identify new and alternative suppliers of existing direct and indirect materials, components and equipment. Carry out benchmarking and re sourcing projects to suit business requirements.
- Involvement with new product launches to ensure timely introductions and managing product discontinuations and minimisation of obsolete stock.
- Source new direct and indirect materials, components and equipment.
- Assess potential new product and suppliers in terms of total acquisition cost, supplier capabilities and overall suitability as a supplier to the company
- Stock accuracy responsibility for materials and components in all locations, inclusive of involvement at all stock takes.
- Data collation as required to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and obligations eg. FSC, Packaging Waste Regulations.
- Ad hoc duties as and when requested by the Supply Chain Manager and/or Directors.
You will need to have proven buying or selling experience
You will need to have proven telesales experience