Energy Forecasting Analyst
To support short term energy forecast processes. Undertake appropriate development of forecast models and techniques to deliver improved incentive performance and conduct analysis using strong analytical techniques, ensuring consistent engagement other stakeholders to enable strong forecasting performance.
Knowledge and Qualifications Required
Preferably educated to degree level with a numerate degree (or equivalent experience).
Degree in an analytical
Achieved or working towards Chartership
- Ability to maintain working relationships with others internal stakeholders and external organisations
- Ability to work to demanding time scales whilst maintaining high standards of performance
- A good knowledge of the physical and commercial operation of the National Transmission System
- An excellent knowledge of upstream and downstream physical operations and market behaviours
- Strong analytical skills utilised in an operational environment
The opportunity to grow in this role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen requiring a strong candidate with proven analytical and forecasting skills, a good understanding of the operational environment and the ability and ambition to develop new forecasting processes and methodologies to enable optimisation of the demand forecasting incentive and forecasting for control room operating plans.
The successful candidate will be engaging and working across Gas System Operations to understand the market conditions, with regards to Supply and Demand as well as seeking to understand the effect of Weather and commercial drivers and use analytical techniques to predict how it will affect energy flows going forward.