Young Person Support Worker/GBP10 per hour/ Stoke-On-Trent
My Client is a leading Provider of care to young people and children and is looking to recruit support workers for a long term, temporary position.
This position is based in the Stoke-On-Trent area.
The young people are aged between 16-18, care leavers and you will need to engage with them to help with all aspects of their lives in preparation for them becoming independent.
NVQ 3 Children and Young People - preferable
1 years experience in a similar setting
- To provide 24/7 Support to Vulnerable People within a shared or independent unit.
- To provide children with support in school and out of school
- To assist the Young Person's allocated Social Worker in the delivery of the service.
- Experience of working in a residential unit is essential.
- Experience of Challenging Behaviour
- Experience of Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
- To accurately record, create, maintain and update manual and electronic records in respect of the Young People.
- To observe and maintain strict confidentiality in respect of the Young People, Clients and Company.
- Sleeping may be required.
- Provide transport/escort to Service Users as directed
- Conduct welcome and induction for Service Users
- Basic assessment of Service User's needs
- Provide ongoing support and monitoring of Service Users
- Assist in welfare and NHS issues
- Preparation of reports
- Arrange appointments with various partner agencies
- Maintaining regular contact with Service Users
- Informing Service Users of support groups
- Assist Move-On of Service Users
Immediate starts are available.