Graduate Production Engineer
Opportunity for an Engineering Graduate to join a market leading organisation in the field of plastic injection moulding predominantly for the automotive industry. Our client runs a large and busy moulding factory which works to the fast paced and high quality standards expected by the automotive industry.
Gaining skills, knowledge and support via a development pathway, the successful Graduate Engineer will support the Production Engineering Team in achieving Strategic goals and objectives. Contributing fresh ideas to facilitate continuous improvement, whilst self-developing to ensure knowledge is at forefront of engineering practices.
Subject to progression along the development pathway, role and responsibilities will include:-
Health, Safety and Environmental
- Ensure all machines are fully signed off before manufacturing handover, in accordance with company policies.
- Contribute to and complete risk assessments for all new / modified equipment.
- Ensure contractors are utilised in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure effective management and control of designated contractors whilst on site.
- Ensure process controls are clearly defined and implemented fully.
- Strong working knowledge and be able to lead on control plans.
- Monitor daily scrap and defect levels and provide analysis to avoid spike and ensure continuous improvement, availability and non-right first time.
- Support customer visits with capacity explanation and equipment demonstration.
- Generate manuals and training for new equipment and processes.
- Prepare and present materials to cross functional teams and senior managers including new project gateway release.
- To investigate customer complaints and introduce permanent countermeasures.
- Identify and implement TPM schedules to machinery, jigs and fixtures.
- Maintain capacity and factory layout plans to optimise material flow.
- Calculate theoretical chemical usage and monitor against actual.
- Lead operation ratio improvement of machines and processes.
- Analyse labour loss ratio and implement improvement plans.
- Define long term Kaizen plans and monitor achievement.
- Identify and implement net time improvement plans and confirm work configuration.
- Create detail specifications for machinery ensuring standardisation and compliance.
- Implement ECI/PCI within the manufacturing process.
- Assess the impact of ECI / PCI to process and implement changes.
- Conduct capability studies on new and existing products and processes.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of new products and processes through trial builds and training.
- Flow out target achievement.
- Leak and scrap target achievement.
- Lost hour reduction achievement.
- Operation ratio target achievement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering-based degree.
- Demonstrable ability to perform and analyse capability studies.
- High level of written/numerical / analytical ability.
- High level of competency with spreadsheet & data management systems (ideally excel/Visual Basic/CAD)
- Articulate with the ability to communicate at all levels from Production Associate to Managing Director.
- Competitive salary and holiday provision
- 7.5% contributory pension and Life Cover if enrolled
- Other employment benefits to include active training to continually develop individuals to achieve their professional and remuneration goals!
For more vacancies visit our website.