Engineering Specialist (days based role) - £multi-million invested plant
Britvic is the name behind iconic and market-leading brands such as Robinsons, Pepsi, Fruit Shoot, Tango, Squash’d, J2O, R. Whites, Gatorade, 7UP and Lipton – and we are on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world.
About the Role:
As part of our group wide investment programme, we are investing over £50m in our Rugby plant, which is already our flagship operations, producing up to 50% of our volume. The factory has 6 lines, producing Can, PET and Aseptic products within the Juices, Carbonates and Sports Drinks categories - with major brands being Pepsi, 7UP, Tango, Gatorade and Fruit Shoot. As an Engineering Specialist your main focus will be on the improvement of how we operate, specific areas of focus will be on:
- Be proactive in implementing continuous improvement with regard to line operating practices and equipment.
- Own, co-ordinate routine maintenance activities and line overhauls to achieve maximum plant effectiveness/utilisation.
- To lead and deliver plans for plant, people, processes and budgets - within the context of the overall manufacturing strategy for a particular area or process.
- To support the site operational teams to deliver optimum use of resources, that ensure the site delivers safety, productivity, downtime, quality and cost.
- Ensure the specialist area/process complies with engineering and safety legislation.
- Develop engineering training, skills and knowledge - promoting a professional team culture.
- Plan, allocate, and evaluate work carried out by the teams, to ensure we are working on the right things.
- Lead root cause analysis on all equipment failures as specified, establish and implement appropriate preventions.
Who we are looking for:
As we continue to drive towards our 2020 vision, our commitment to investing in our employees is key. Our Britvic Values are a cornerstone to this, and we look for current employees and those joining the business to display and live them every day - Be Proud, Be Bold, Be Disciplined, Act With Pace, Be Open, Win Together. Specific areas of interest for this role are across:
- You will have experience of a similar role from within a fast paced manufacturing environment - ideally from food, beverage, packaging, liquid, process, pharmaceutical or something aligned to ourselves.
- Working knowledge and application experience of delivering specific Health, Safety & Environmental legislation
- Experience of driving efficiency across engineering budgets, continuous improvement, engineering excellence, KPI's, root cause analysis and asset care.
- Strong interpersonal and communication are essential.
- You will be formally qualified in an engineering discipline.
We’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values, and we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.