This new opportunity is recruiting for experience within freight management.
Responsible for the inbound supply chain from manufacturer to delivery location and outbound exports to overseas client locations.
Managing the relationship with nominated freight providers ensuring that the most efficient and effective approach is adopted bringing a positive impact to cost and operation.
Freight Analyst – The Job Description
- In conjunction with the Stock Management Team, management of all raw materials and inbound finished product freight
- In conjunction with the Commercial Team, management of overseas client deliveries
- Track and report on the progress of ongoing freight
- Direct management of all freight providers
- Regular benchmarking of; freight rates (and all on costs), additional service offerings/opportunities and carbon footprint reduction
- Creation, management and analysis of a freight capacity maximization methodology and tool
- Analysing and maintaining cost transparency on freight from manufacturer to delivery location
- Conduct monthly freight provider KPI reviews and management of any CAs
- Identifying potential cost reduction and generation of action plans for implementation
- Challenge freight providers to identify efficiencies and action plans for implementation
- Ensure the system reflects accurate delivery information.
- Problem invoice resolution.
- Highlight any exceptions/problems to the relevant Supply Chain Analyst/Stock Manager/relevant member of the Commercial Team.
Freight Analyst – The Person Specification
Relevant freight management or stock control management in a similar position. Ideally with a knowledge of fashion or textiles.
- Self-motivated and performance driven.
- Excellent level of IT knowledge especially Excel.
- Excellent level of mathematical ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of freight documentation and relevant processes.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.