Agile Business Analyst | Birmingham
The role: Agile Business Analyst - Payments, Acquiring and Fraud
Where is it based: The Custard Factory, Birmingham
The hours: 9.00am - 5.30pm (Monday to Thursday)
9.00am - 5.00pm (Friday)
As a Business Analyst in our Payments Platform you will play an integral part in enhancing, evolving and driving the direction of the payment offering we provide our millions of customers globally. Payment methods are a key enabler to unlocking growth in the many markets we operate in and maintaining pace with how our customers want to pay is a challenge we thrive on.
We also provide the tech that helps protect our business from fraudulent activity, assist in driving conversion by finding ways to ensure our customers have the best chance of their payments being accepted, and we have recently started to help our Tax teams on improving how they record and report sales tax globally.
We have lots of challenging functionality to deliver and a fast-paced customer centric environment to do it in.
Based at our Birmingham offices in the Custard Factory, reporting into the Senior Payments Business Analyst, you will work to deliver business requirements across entire product lifecycles, from initial conception through to launch alongside a great agile scrum team.
You'll be part of our BA Community, run by our Principle BA whose role is to help make you and all our BAs be the very best they can be. He'll be as passionate about your development as you are. You will be invited to community events, BA sessions and Meet Ups all in the name of getting you to the next stage of your career.
- You're an experienced Business Analyst and you have experience of working on technical based projects
- You enjoy working in an Agile environment and are experienced in delivering in an iterative manner
- You have experience in leading refinement sessions and participating in stand ups, reviews, retrospectives and product demonstrations
- You can capture, document and prioritise high level business requirements and turn them into user stories that the scrum team you work with can deliver
- You are confident defining conditions of acceptance for stories and using tools such as BDD to do so
- You are driven to understand where the business value lies and how it can be released, or partially so, as early as possible
- You have proven experience of involvement in the full delivery lifecycle, initiation to benefit realisation
- You understand NFRs and their importance in truly delivering business value, with a keen eye on performance and security given the domain and volume of transaction we handle
- Experience in the payments industry including regulatory frameworks, fraud prevention and sales tax would be beneficial but not essential
- You have the ability to challenge and balance regulatory, architectural and business value needs
- Working closely with a scrum team on a daily basis to help them deliver the user stories you have defined and prioritised. Including knowing when and how to pivot, given new information on an ongoing basis
- Working closely with the Agile Delivery Manager for the scrum team to ensure the team are positioned to deliver what the business needs and the backlog is positioned to allow them to do so
- Reviewing and providing feedback on user stories, demonstrating product deliverables and sharing your teams success stories with the rest of the business
- Managing stakeholder relationships and needs at various levels throughout the business
What's in it for you...
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more...
Technology at ASOS
ASOS is one of the UK's top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. We believe fashion can make you look, feel and be your best and, with technology in our DNA, we deliver the latest trends to our digital-obsessed 'twenty-somethings' market. Our award winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovation and pioneer incredible solutions which are crucial to our continued success. We're brave, creative and authentic; we're extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.