eCommerce Project Manager
Job Title: eCommerce Project Manager
Location: Wednesfield or Llanwern (regular business travel will be required)
Department: Customer Services & eCommerce
Salary Band and Range: D – Circa £35,000, negotiable dependent on experience
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
At Tata Steel, digitalisation is central to our Commercial Imperative of differentiation. As part of our commitment to this strategy, we currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit an eCommerce Project Manager into our eCommerce team.
As the Project Manager, you will be required to support the delivery of Tata Steel in Europe's (TSE) eCommerce strategy. You will be a key member of the eCommerce Programme team, and will lead a variety of projects to design, build and deploy an online sales and service customer experience, redefining existing business processes and embedding new ways of working across TSE’s Commercial function.
In this capacity, your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Project Management of specific workstreams within the eCommerce Programme, driving deployment through to “business as usual”, ensuring project deliverables are completed within planned timescales.
- Take full responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of allocated projects, providing effective leadership to the project team. Provide regular and accurate reports on delivery progress.
- Identify and understand key issues, interdependencies, resource requirements and critical decisions required by stakeholders in order to progress allocated projects. Determine and recommend appropriate actions/solutions to facilitate progress and minimise project delivery risk. Manage the implementation of these actions/solutions going forwards.
- Consult with various teams within both the Commercial and key interface functions (e.g. CTS) to identify opportunities to digitalise digital business processes and deliver solutions that add customer value. Feed insights and observations to senior colleagues to influence the overall eCommerce strategy, interpreting elements of local and central strategy and checking alignment of plans.
- Design, plan and facilitate workshops across the company to support the design and deployment process for the future end-to-end digital sales and service customer experience.
- Effectively manage stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact, to ensure satisfaction and engagement with the eCommerce Programme, facilitating open communication and discussion, and using feedback to assess and promote understanding and readiness to adopt new digital ways of working.
- Ensuring that the customer is front and centre of all workstream design thinking. Challenge all stakeholders to continually ask “How is this adding value for the customer?”, and develop an expert network to ensure that there is a clear understanding of customer needs that drive the workstream’s technology/business process design decisions
- Working with colleagues within Group Information Services (GIS) function, on various IT-based projects, review and advise on the integrity of Business Cases, Project Initiation Documents, Project Plans, and Stage Plans. Provide recommendations and assess progress towards the delivery of the required outcome and business benefits for all allocated workstreams.
- For own workstreams, develop an integrated internal communications strategy to successfully influence key stakeholders and ensure ongoing employee engagement with Tata Steel’s digital journey.
- As a member of the eCommerce Programme team you will be become engaged in all aspects of supporting the smooth running of the PMO.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to be educated to degree level, with experience of working within a Commercial environment.
You will also require the following:
- Experience in business process design, and implementation of IT Solutions
- A solid background in project management and experience in delivering business change.
- Experience of working within a global organisation, across various cultures and geographies.
A background or specific knowledge in eCommerce, Web Development and development of digital solution / tools would be advantageous.
You will be somebody who has strong interpersonal skills, emotional maturity and will be highly adaptable in situations of change and ambiguity. You need to be attentive to detail, with high personal standards and the ability to communicate and influence senior stakeholders and colleagues.
Closing date: 11pm, Sunday 29th October 2017