Procurement Manager (Dual Site)
Procurement Manager (Dual Site)
£40,000 - £45,000 + Car allowance
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Procurement Operations Manager to work at their facility based near Midlands.
- Maximize commercial advantage via the deployment of effective sourcing strategies for the site /plants/he is responsible for.
- Minimize commercial risk through the implementation of robust commercial and contractual terms, whilst reducing the total cost of acquisition and ownership.
- Identifying potential opportunities that may lead to improvements in quality, cost and delivery and leading the resulting investigations and negotiations with suppliers
- Developing supplier relationships, conducting supplier reviews and performance measurement against agreed KPIs and periodic supplier and site customer audits.
- Carrying out internal corporate audits to ensure compliance to corporate procurement procedures.
- Managing cost savings / improvement projects and reporting status of projects in terms of DI savings, supplier on-time delivery / quality performance to senior management as required
- Negotiating and monitoring the performance metrics with subcontractors price, min lot sizes, on-time delivery and relevant processing times as well as quality conformance.
- Contributing to inventory management and Working Capital reduction through optimization of consignment program as well as development of alternatives sources for spot / non forecasted needs.
- Representing the Procurement function at weekly site management meetings and monthly site business review meetings and presenting the key metrics and current initiatives to site management.
- Representing Procurement at quarterly location employee briefing sessions with the management team.
- Negotiates, manages and sources items / services not subject to leverage buy according to the appropriate best practices and Procurement policies and procedures.
- Supports the PCM (Program and Commodity Management) Local Sourcing Managers and the Capex Team in the deployment of leveraged contracts and program execution. Gathers data, builds up local market knowledge, provides site specific needs.
- Providing insight from leading practices including benchmarking to continually challenge business requirements, challenge and implement strategies and internal practices relating to procurement execution.
- Experienced Purchasing professional who is Degree / CIPS qualified with a minimum of four years purchasing experience.
- Must have both administration and strategic purchasing experience, ideally gained in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong I.T skills, including demonstrable use of Microsoft Office tools for data analysis, reporting and presenting.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte Tyrer at gap technical on 01925 406525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 0115 934 7007
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
Closing date: 22/09/2017
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76804885