Mechanical Design Engineer Wolverhampton
The design and development of bespoke hydro mechanical products and systems within key bolting industries. Oversee products throughout the entire life cycle, from design through to commissioning. Provide key technical assistance / knowledge to support customers and other departments within the business.
Qualifications: BEng in Mechanical Engineering or similar subject
Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in an engineering design capacity, preferably in a similar industry
- Familiarity with Creo (or similar) essential
- Familiarity with FEA (ideally Pro/Mechanica or ANSYS) is preferred
- Familiarity with high pressure hydraulics advantageous
- Technical communication
- Self-driven with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to understand and produce technical documentation and drawings
- Design and detailed engineering of bespoke mechanical and hydro-mechanical products.
- Create and maintain part, assembly, and general arrangement drawings using Creo (CAD).
- Understanding standard product range and applicable application.
- Carry out feasibility studies, application checks, reviews and design calculations.
- Provide support to internal sales, with the production of general arrangement drawings, costing drawings and component pricing.
- Interface with our customers/distributors and suppliers on a regular basis to meet project objectives.
- Resolve technical issues with customers where required (occasional travel/site visits may be required).
- Define part numbers and assembly structures for input into Bills of Materials (BOMs).
- Liaise with Production & Assembly/Test to ensure that all necessary testing and documentation is complete prior to dispatch.
- Undertake product change requests in accordance with the Engineering Change Notes system.
- Provide technical assistance / knowledge to other departments and customers.
- Understand relevant technical standards relating to the design and detailed engineering of bespoke mechanical and hydro-mechanical products.
- Maintains system and product data base.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959290889