Are you a creative and compelling writer that wants to contribute towards Willmott Dixon's business growth through the creation of professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates the proposition? If so, we want to hear from you!
We have a brand new role for a Bid Writer to join our Midlands preconstruction team, this role will be responsible for the production of professional submission documents to support preconstruction activity with a particular focus on the written word.
Reporting to the Preconstruction Manager you will be responsible for:
- Working with Bid Managers in the development of responses that are attractive, concise and bring out the benefits of our offer with a focus on the highest quality of language and technical accuracy
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, ensuring consistency of responses in terms of themes, messages, key phrases and key words
- Develop innovative ways of sharing and presenting information
- Record, analyse and apply client bid feedback to future responses to drive continuous improvement
- Have the ability to develop and advice on layout to create the best impact
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Experienced Bid Writer with solid knowledge of the bidding process and customer expectations
- Able to demonstrable a high standard of writing, copy-writing and editing
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Previous construction industry experience
- A journalism or communications background
- Degree in English or History
- A team player to ensuring you provide the right support to the bid team throughout the process
- Be able to prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
- Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding
- Constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives
- Take personal responsibility for making things happen
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 14th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76794085