Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
· Responsible to the Principal or Responsible Engineer for the delivery of Mechanical Design packages, dependent on the size / complexity of the work scope.
· Delivery of technically compliant design deliverables in accordance with the Design Input Requirements.
· Capable of leading a team of Design Engineers to deliver the appropriate solution from Front End Engineering to Detailed Design production.
· Provide Engineering Support to manufacture right through to client handover.
· Interpretation of Design Input Requirements, in support of the Principal / Responsible Engineers into fit for purpose solutions.
· Contribution to Design Control Files
· Production and verification of fit for purpose calculations where required
· Delivery in accordance with allocated budgeted cost and timescales
· Day to day management of the Engineering design team (up to 5 personnel)
· Supervision, verification and production of design deliverables
· Design co-ordination with other engineering disciplines
· Implementation of UK H&S legislation and appropriate design standards
· Adherence to all company policies and procedures
· Incorporation of external specialist engineering design information
· Identification and inclusion of bought out plant and equipment
· Presentation and/or participation at HAZOP and Design Reviews
· Liaison with Manufacturing, Testing and Commissioning personnel to ensure design optimization
· Incorporating the requirements of the Operating, Maintenance and Recovery features within the design.
· Implementation of Design Change Control
· HNC Qualified (or Equivalent)
· Extensive Engineering Workplace Experience
· Nuclear Industry Experience preferred
· Management of Design teams
· Broad based experience in the Detailed Design of Mechanical Equipment
· Experienced in 2D and 3D design software packages
· Conversant with British and European Technical and Legislative standards
· Conscientious approach to Engineering Design, supported with relevant detailed design background
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Always strives to provide fit for purpose solutions
· Able motivate and co-ordinate a delivery team of Design Engineers
By applying for this role you accept the iProfile terms and conditions ************************************) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959288576