Project QS - Birmingham
Project Quantity Surveyor - Birmingham
Project Quantity surveyor to £50,000 depending on experience + car/allowance and package
To be based in Birmingham - easily commutable from Coventry, Solihull, Wolverhampton
This is a leading nation construction group operating in new build construction and refurbishment with both a major contracts division and a general works operation with projects from under £1M to well over £30M. The business classes itself as the national regional building contractor of choice.
Key sectors the business operates in are education, healthcare and accommodation based schemes for the Midlands regional office.
This opportunity is for a driven Project Quantity Surveyor that is looking for a career move to a business that can enable them to work autonomously with an excellent support structure and have a clearly defined career path with a very successful organisation.
With continued success securing a number of high value projects this business is looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join the project teams on site delivering major schemes within the Midlands region.
You will play a key role in the commercial success of projects including:
- Full Quantity Surveying skills including measurements, valuation, and agreement of work sections
- Submitting accurate detailed payment applications
- Identifying areas of overspend and waste
- Identifying and reviewing areas of commercial risk and opportunity
- Chasing payment certificates and outstanding payments
- Ensuring records are made and recorded to support any variations and claims
- Producing accurate internal reporting
- Optimise cash in and the net cash position
- Advise on commercial risks and opportunities within the project/s
- Negotiate with clients representatives and other consultants
- Advise Project Management on contractual implications of intended courses of action
- Ideally 7-10 years project experience.
You must be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying and preferably holding RICS accreditation.
This is a permanent role with excellent career potential. Salary to £50,000pa, car/ car allowance, bonus + package including usual benefits.
Please note that every effort will be made to contact all applicants, however due to the high volume in candidate applications if you have not had a response to your submission within 10 days please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959290334