We are Open GI.
As a market leader in insurance software systems, we know that to lead the future, we need to look to the future.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Developer to lead developments within Scrum teams to deliver new products, customer developments and also support OGI's current technical estate.
Your role will involve:
- Working closely with Principal Developers to deliver technical solutions which enhance Open GI's market position and technical estate.
- Hands on delivery of software working as part of cross functional scrum teams whilst providing technical leadership. Advocating and implementing improvements in working practices.
- Be continually aware of emerging market trends, and propose and implement new technologies and industry standard techniques which enhance Open GI's market position and technical estate.
- Working collaboratively with our internal and external customers to provide a leading software development service.
- Working with external suppliers to deliver quality software which enhances Open GI's market position and technical estate.
- Acting in the role of coach and mentor providing support and advice to other members of the Software Development department.
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of Open GI systems whilst delivering new customer requirements as quickly, reliably and efficiently as possible.
- Contributing to a continually improving Agile software development framework.
- Liaising with Product Owners, Business Analysts, other Developers and QA's, establishing and implementing requirements and/or the resolution of live operational issues.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).- Extensive experience of developing using Java.
- A good understanding of and ability to work with Java, Microsoft Web and Open GI and proprietary technologies.
- Problem solving and deep analysis skills including ability to diagnose performance issues.
- Be able to convert requirements specified at either a business or technical level into successful implementation, through analysis / design skills.
- Extensive experience of working on large, complex software applications and databases with high volumes of data and large numbers of concurrent users.
- Experience of major re-design and re-factoring of complex enterprise solutions.
- Experience of leading software development projects in either Java, Microsoft or proprietary technologies.
- An understanding of Java, Microsoft, Web and proprietary technologies.
- Using and implementing Design Patterns.
- Demonstrable technical leadership experience
- Experience of tackling performance and scalability issues on a large, high-throughput system, using industry-standard techniques and tools.
- Competitive salary (based on skills and experience)
- Bonus opportunity
- Company pension
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Free parking
- Onsite restaurant (including Starbucks coffee)
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike loan
To apply for this role please click the apply button and email us with your covering letter and CV.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959295609