NPI Project Manager
Project Manager-New Product Introduction
We are seeking an NPI Project Manager with a strong background or knowledge of the automotive sector to work alongside the technical team in a specialist, aluminium gravity die casting foundry supplying the automotive, commercial vehicle and off-highway markets in the UK and overseas.
Reporting to the Technical Director, as NPI Project Manager you will lead and oversee projects from nomination through to production, ensuring delivery, cost and quality targets are met.
You will manage customers, stakeholders and internal team members to establish project timelines and budgets that allow the delivery of new business at the correct cost and quality within agreed timescales. Projects will be both large and small in scope and will run via a gated process.
You will be required to draw upon their knowledge of APQP, Project Management and Quality Management Systems to control and manage the communication of information between customers, suppliers and production management.
- Manage the company New Product Introduction (NPI) process. Track and report key milestones and costs using APQP.
- Cover all aspects of project with liaison across team members, external suppliers, the management team and customers to maintain the link between manufacturing and customer/supplier.
- Manage products through PPAP submissions.
- Management of 8D, Control Plans, FMEA's and other quality tools and techniques
- Attend meetings, reviews and maintain records and actions.
- Assist /train in problem solving, quality techniques as required.
- Support TS16949 and Regulatory audit control and maintenance.
- Work closely with internal manufacturing, quality and purchasing functions to ensure project targets are met.
- Management of the new enquiry process. Initiate enquiry meetings and build the commercial case via liaison with other departments. Manage quotations to the customer.
- Manage the modification enquiry process. Liaise with all departments to ensure correct pricing and timing of any changes.
- Manage customer orders through the sales department and monitor progress to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Product development in conjunction with the Technical Department. Define requirements and areas for appropriate research. Feedback customer requirements with regard to technical needs, now and in the future.
- Demonstrable experience in programme/project management within an automotive environment, with a strong knowledge of TS16949.
- Commitment to providing customers with high quality service and product.
- Natural leader with high emphasis on employee engagement and coaching of quality principles.
- Fully conversant with APQP and PPAP as well as associated Quality tools including 8D, PFMEA , Control plans, PFMEA etc.
- Experience/knowledge of aluminium casting and/or machining is desirable, as would be a Project management qualification.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959297702