We are Open GI.
As a market leader in insurance software systems, we know that to lead the future, we need to look to the future.
We are looking for a Developer to work within our rates team in Software Development, to develop solutions which enable OGI to lead the market, whilst continually improving the current technical estate.
Your role will involve:
- Work with the Strategy department to ensure all change takes us towards our technical goals.
- Hands on delivery of software working as part of cross functional scrum team. Advocating and implementing improvements in working practices.
- Work as part of a collaborative, customer focussed and industry leading Development function.
- Work collaboratively with our internal and external customers to provide a leading software development service.
- Work with external suppliers to deliver quality software which enhances Open GI's market position and technical estate.
- Act in the role of a key Scrum team member, proactively picking up tasks to get things to done.
- Deliver new customer requirements as quickly, reliably and efficiently as possible.
- Contribute to a continually improving Agile software development framework.
- Liaise with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Developers and QA's, establishing and implementing requirements and/or the resolution of live operational issues.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Deep understanding and experience of developing using Java, Microsoft or Open GI proprietary technologies.
- A good understanding of and ability to work with Java, Microsoft web and Open GI and proprietary technologies.
- Problem solving and deep analysis skills including ability to diagnose performance issues.
- Experience of working on production software applications and databases.
- Proven ability to implement designed solutions in conjunction with the broader Scrum team.
- Experience of developing at a high level developing software in either Java, Microsoft or Open GI proprietary technologies.
- An understanding of Java, Microsoft, Web and Open GI proprietary technologies.
- Using and implementing Design Patterns.
- Competitive salary (based on skills and experience)
- Bonus opportunity
- Company pension
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Free parking
- Perkbox - An exclusive benefits platform offering a wide range of discounts and benefits
- Onsite restaurant (including Starbucks coffee)
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike loan
To apply for this role please click the apply button and email us with your covering letter and CV
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959295810