A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a CAE Engineer to join a global automotive business at their new headquarters in Warwick. The business have the ability and experience to develop, manufacture and supply plastic products into some of the world's leading businesses. The company have a mission to continuously increase manufacturing capabilities and design services at every level to exceed current and future customer expectations. The business also have the vision to be the first choice in precision injection moulding related both to products and servicing. With this in mind they are committed to integrate sustainability within all operations to ensure the growth of the business is successful.
The successful CAE Engineer will have the ability to create fully meshed part and tool models and the experience of modelling a variety of different processes. It is essential that you have a good practical knowledge of injection moulding and tool design. Having experience with Mouldflow analysis to support development of products is essential, ideally within automotive however other sectors maybe of interest. Having excellent communications skills is key as you will be expected to be present on customer sites to represent the business and assist when required.
Responsibilities of the CAE Engineer:
- Attend design meetings and provide guidance with Lead Engineers/Design Engineers on Mouldflow analysis requirements throughout the design phase.
- Choose appropriate mesh types and create fully meshes models to ensure maximum result accuracy.
- Liaise with both Tooling Engineer/Toolmakers to establish preferred gate types and tool constructions will impact the FEA models efficiently.
- Run simulations and evaluate various 'what if' scenarios, to predict defects and identify solutions ahead of manufacture.
- Take part in troubleshooting exercises, work closely with plant process teams to collect actual data and build detailed, representative Mouldflow models including example mould inserts, cooling channels and injection pressure profiles.
- Being a new role to the business you will work closely with Design and Development teams to ensure that plastic components are fully optimised for manufacture, which results in reducing scrap, optimal product quality and approve 'off tool' components.
In return for your knowledge and experience my client offers a fantastic remuneration package, including a salary of approx. GBP45,000 with career progression on offer in the near future for the right applicant.
Gleeson Engineering & Manufacturing is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.
To apply for the CAE Engineer position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.