Our established client are looking for an experienced, technically able and flexible Accounts Administrator to administer and run the finance and accounting functions for the business. This includes providing support to the senior management, as well as overseeing the accounting, financial and compliance matters for the company.
Based at the main site in Walford, you will be responsible for the centrally run accounting functions of all 3 branches.
Duties will include:
- Processing and reconciling daily cash and banking transactions
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing supplier invoices and credits
- Processing supplier payment runs
- Issuing customer invoices and credits
- Credit control for all 3 branches - managing customer credit accounts
- Credit checking new account applications and existing credit accounts
- Liaising with external payroll provider over weekly and monthly payroll (including pension contributions, childcare voucher scheme and any attachment of earnings orders.)
- Liaising with external accountants at year end and when data is required and ensuring HMRC / Companies House payments and obligations are met on time.
- Maintaining fixed asset register
- Processing accruals and prepayments
- Creating and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Creating and maintaining budgets and forecasts
- Creating departmental monthly management accounts
- Producing and interpreting financial, management and KPI reports for senior management
- Controlling any lease and HP arrangements
- Record, track and maintain annual contracts and renewals (card compliance, utilities, Ofcom etc.)
- Record and maintain employee annual leave diary and employee records
- Other general administration duties as required including answering phone calls at busy times
- Track record of running the accounting functions for similar sized or larger business.
- High level of competence with Sage Line 50, MS Excel, MS Word as well as an aptitude for other Windows based software packages. (We use Merchant specific software called BisTrack which integrates with Sage Line 50)
- Effective, confident and diplomatic communicator. Communication will be face to face, telephone based, and via e-mail / letter given the multi-branch nature of the business. Ability to adopt the right manner with staff, customers and suppliers.
- Methodical, efficient and organised with an ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and respond to priorities.
- Positive approach
- Open to suggestions and change
- Supports others
- Takes responsibility
- Uses initiative to seek opportunities for improvement or overcome challenges
- Willing to learn from others or develop knowledge
- Business minded, commercially aware and professional in approach
- Down-to-earth and happy to get involved
You will be joining the business at an exciting time following the acquisition of a Buckinghamshire based timber business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, and working closely with the Operations Manager and several other individuals within the business, this will be a full time permanent position.
Expected hours: 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Annual Leave entitlement: 20 days plus statutory days in year 1, 21 days plus statutory days year 2, and 22 days plus statutory days year 3 on-wards.
Monthly salary - in line with experience, to be discussed.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.