BDUK Project Support
Job Title: BDUK Project Support
Business: Carillion telent Joint Venture
Type of job: Contract (3 Months FTC)
Ref. No.: CHCT/
CARILLION Telent JV
The Carillion Telent JV provides access network skills to BT Openreach. These skills are deployed across all areas of the access network and cover functions such as civils, cabling, jointing, poling and maintenance of BT's physical network and its associated assets. Our strategy is to excel in delivering our Openreach customer's requirements and use this model as a base for further growth in the Telecoms Industry.
- Reporting to the BDUK Project Manager, you will be assisting BDUK Planners with the programming, co-ordination and allocation of all works orders to field teams, sending and progressing notices, resolving issues and ensuring processes are followed in line with contract requirements.
- Assisting in the progression of job packs through the planning process by:
- Keeping records and maintaining trackers;
- Ensuring the smooth transaction of information from the field onto SOLO;
- Liaising with planners and gangs to ensure solid communication across the team.
- Creating, updating, and progressing notices, as well as managing responses from Highways Authorities in accordance with the Traffic Management Act;
- Providing input for the improvement of contract processes to ensure that Telent Field Operations are at their optimum;
- Undertaking ad-hoc projects and providing cover as required by the Department Head.
Business Operations Skills - Experience:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills that are adaptable to all levels of the business, including external parties such as the customer and Local Authorities;
- Conversancy with bespoke Works Manager Systems including Solo and Remedy, as well as MS Office (particularly Excel and Word).
- Proficiency in e-mail and internet use.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- A Level;
- An understanding of the telecommunications and/or civil engineering industry;
- Planning or scheduling experience, preferably from within the BT external cable network projects (BDUK, HCR etc.).
- Forming an integral part of the team to deliver tasks which support operational objectives;
- Managing workloads by planning accordingly for both long-term and short-term avails;
- Escalating issues through the appropriate channels as and when they arise;