Chemical Compliance Assistant Apollo Chemicals
Apollo is the UK's largest privately-owned liquid adhesive, sealant, coating & primer manufacturer. We supply high-performance products worldwide across a range of industrial, construction, roofing and end-user markets. Supply is direct and via distributors, Apollo and private-label brands.
Established in 1972 in Tamworth, customers recognise Apollo for our technical expertise, service and eagerness to build mutually beneficial long-term partnerships.
Our dedication to both relationship-building and constant innovation allows us to develop the products and services you need to thrive in a constantly evolving market place.
Main Purpose of the Role
Using your understanding of health and safety and/or compliance, the role of the Chemical Compliance Assistant is one of designing safety and environmental controls into the manufacturing process, whilst striving for continuous improvement. Your ultimate responsibility is to ensure Apollo Chemicals Ltd are, and remain, compliant.
This is very much a 'hands on' role where you will be required to collect appropriate data, make suitable analysis and communicate findings and conclusions to the wider company. Additionally you will play a key role in the implementation of improvements that will make the business more safe and effective to, ultimately, increase profits.
As a Compliance Assistant your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Carrying out site safety audits with written reports including any identified actions
- Promote a positive safety culture to the whole of the business through team talks
- Respond to accidents and incidents and ensure accident prevention plans are put in place
- Assist the Compliance Team within an operational role
With 12+ months experience in a compliance, health and safety and/or similar role, you should be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Health & Safety process guidelines for businesses
- Risk assessments for manufacturing processes
- Procedures for the company integrated management system (9001, 14001)
- CLP and REACH implementation, including MSDS creation
- Creating/writing documentation and guidelines
- Risk Assessments
- Safety Briefings
- Product label development
- Process Aspect and Impact audits
- Emergency response and preparedness reviews
- Customer support in health and safety matters
We are looking for an engaging individual to join our team - someone who is enthusiastic, positive and credible. To be considered for this role, you will:
- Have 12+ months experience in a compliance, health and safety and/or similar role
- Be able to communicate confidently at all levels
- NEBOSH qualifications are desirable, but not essential
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Be proactive within your sphere of influence
- Be self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Possess good attention to detail
- Work well with data and be data-driven
- Be a good communicator, able to communicate your findings effectively
- Have an inquisitive nature and be keen to learn
- Like working with people and being part of strong team
Salary & Benefits
We know how hard our employees work and what a substantial contribution they make to businesses and because of this, we offer the people who join us a very attractive package.
- A starting salary of GBP20,000 - GBP24,000 (dependent on experience)
- 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
Training Opportunities & Progression
A full training programme will be in place when you join to ensure you get not only the appropriate systems/processes training but also an understanding of how other areas of the business contribute to making Apollo Chemicals the success it is.
Your drive and desire will be rewarded with excellent opportunities to progress at Apollo. A typical progression route is into Compliance Management. As a Compliance Assistant, you will absolutely be a future leader of the business, helping to shape the future of our rapidly growing company.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this role, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Discovery ADR are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.