Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
GBP40,000 - GBP60,000
Located in Coventry
Our client, UK's leading financial institution is looking to appoint multiple Senior Project Managers to join their growing function within the Business Change department which is the fastest and most successful departments for my client.
As a Senior Project Manager you will deliver large, complex change projects, many of which will have a significant IT dimension. Someone who follows our Change Framework, working closely with business stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes and benefits.
- Reporting to and working closely with a Change Portfolio manager planning and proactively managing projects, or complex work-streams, through the entire project lifecycle, from initiation to implementation and closure.
- Identifying and managing stakeholders effectively, anticipating points of resistance, and developing plans to mitigate or address the concerns
- Ensuring appropriate governance and risk management is achieved through application of project management standards
- Monitoring project costs against budget and progress against plan, applying proactive/creative solutions where appropriate
What we'll be looking for in you as a Senior Project Manager
- Expertise in the management of change, with evidence of ability to work within a structured project management delivery framework. Ideally including SCRUM / Agile methodologies. Prince 2 or a similar qualification would also be advantageous
- A team player but with demonstrable evidence of strong leadership and influencing skills in a matrix managed environment
- Knowledge of business analysis techniques, the software development lifecycle and standard testing regimes Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills at all level of the business with an ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external parties.
- A passion and commitment to helping grow our teams through knowledge share and developing others
- We need 5 Senior IT Project Managers with the following skillset:
- Infrastructure, especially datacentre
- MI delivery and preferably with Agile skills.
- A Senior Agile Project Manager with Financial Services Experience
- A Senior IT PM preferably with core systems re-placement programme experience