Weekend Shift Engineer
Our client are the largest supplier of bacon and gammon, is a independent family business with international backing, are looking for a Shift Engineer to join their well established team.
Hours: Saturday - Tuesday 7:00 - 17:00
Responsibilities of a Shift Engineer:
- Carry out work assignments issued by the Manager and maximise the effectiveness of the shift at all times by ensuring efficient completion of tasks
- Work with other functions as part of the manufacturing team to ensure efficient running of the equipment and carry out prioritised work as agreed
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and regulations
- Resolve electrical problems in a timely fashion
- Order spare parts as required on shift - if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as required in order to resolve problems on shift
- Previous food processing industry experience
- Mechanical experience: Mechanical qualifications/time served Apprenticeship
- 2 Years experience of working in an automated production environment
- A good standard of both written and oral English
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Basic Health & Safety
- Data and analytical skills
- Computer literate (Word/Excel/Windows based packages)
- Desirable skills : PLC, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control, instrumentation, welding, FLT license
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Cordant People who are operating as an Employment Business. Cordant People are an equal opportunities Employer.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.