Assistant Purchasing Manager
My client are a global specialist manufacturing business providing niche products into the automotive industry as a Tier 1 supplier. They are looking for an experienced Purchasing Professional to join their team as Assistant Purchasing Manager. This marks a hugely exciting period for the company as they look to expand their operation, encompassing more automation bias factories to ensure delivery to the current and future demands of their customers. This role is offering a salary of up to GBP40K, in addition to a strong benefits package.
The successful applicant will be reporting into the Purchasing Manager. Being responsible for:
- To Monitor departmental day to day activity to ensure suitable resource allocation and business risks are identified
- To carry out ongoing cost down negotiations to ensure that annual material cost savings are met
- Maintain departmental KPI records
- To actively support capex purchase projects ensuring appropriate contractual requirements are in place to support business requirement.
- To supervise and review general expenditure including works engineering, utilities, waste management and consumables and optimise purchase status for the organisation.
Skills / Experience
- MCIPS is highly desirable.
- Familiar with TS16949 and ISO14001 and an understanding of lean manufacturing and processing skills
- Proven experience of working with and managing suppliers in an automotive environment
- Self-motivated and dynamic with a can do attitude
- Experience with SAP (preferred) or other world class ERP system
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Richard Pearson at Yolk Recruitment on 02920-220-078.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*