Trade Compliance Manager
We are currently looking for a new UK & IE Trade Compliance Manager to join our EMEA Trade Compliance organisation based at our distribution centre in Rugby, Warwickshire.
As the UK & IE Trade Compliance Manager you will lead and coordinate all Trade Compliance related activities for UK and IE. While collaborating with regional and global Trade Compliance organisations you will ensure that the global Trade Compliance program will be implemented and executed. Continuously identify optimisation opportunities whilst ensuring highest level of compliance.
We are looking for a diligent and experienced open-minded team player with proven track record in Customs, Trade Compliance and Team Leadership. Hands on attitude and ability to deal with change management. Ability to manage direct as well as dotted reporting lines. Strong communication skills are essential.
Include but not limited to:
* Lead a team of direct reports at the EDC & coordinate and support Trade Compliance activities with the plants.
* Management of the daily customs clearances (import & export) through SAP GTS.
* Ensure timely and compliant submission of import/export clearances; CFSP month end reporting & Intrastat reports.
* Ensure appropriate communication with HMRC; other governmental agencies & senior management.
* Create and analyse Trade Compliance reports and metrics.
* Manage AEO and CFSP licenses.
* Development of lean processes to ensure company adheres to import and export customs regulations.
* Monitor and anticipate to regulatory changes and implement appropriate changes to policies and procedures.
* Collaborate cross functionally across global organisation to develop and implement processes.
* Liaise with the EMEA Trade Compliance data team to ensure correct Trade Compliance data (HTS, Coo, pref. indicator, ECCN, .) is being determined, aligned and set up.
* Act as the Export Control Coordinator to ensure compliance against export control regulations (screening, licencing requirements, anti-boycott reporting, embargoes and sanctions.)
* Oversee internal and external trade compliance audits and take ownership of corrective action plans.
* Identify and implement opportunities to reduce financial liabilities by maximising legitimate tax and duty efficiencies: Free Trade Agreements, Free Trade Zone, Bonded warehousing, Inward processing relief, outward processing relief
* Set up Trade Compliance awareness training for non-Trade Compliance professionals.
* Lead Trade Compliance projects in UK & IE.
Knowledge & Skills
* Proven track record of successfully managed import/export clearances & Intrastat.
* Knowledge of SAP GTS (Customs Module) or similar HMRC certified software.
* Knowledge and experience of customs declaration requirements & CHIEF.
* Knowledge of HTS Classification, Country of origin/FTA/IPR/OPR/export controls.
* Strong proven leadership skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft skills especially.
*Good standard of education - At least A- level Qualification or Equivalent to include GCSE Maths and English
*Professional training by an organisation recognised by HMRC eg BIFA will be Essential. Or equivalent by experience.