Flight Simulator Engineer/Avionics Engineer x3
Flight Simulator Engineer - Permanent - Shropshire - GBP28,000 - GBP30,000
Our client is looking for a Field Engineer with proven Flight Simulator experience or transferrable Aircraft Engineering Experience.
- Provide maintenance support of the Synthetic Training Equipment (STE), and associated training equipment
- Perform advance fault isolation, repair, operational checks, and preventive maintenance actions of simulators and associated training systems, to include host computers, visual display systems, electric control loading systems, computer networks, and associated electronic equipment
- Conducts technical analysis of product implementations to include reliability, maintainability and logistical analysis
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solutions
- Perform Daily Flight Servicing to ensure that Synthetic Training Equipment is available to meet the training programme
- Perform scheduled and corrective maintenance to ensure that Synthetic Training Equipment performance objectives are achieved
- When appropriate, carry out repairs to unserviceable equipment removed from the STE
- Provide support and assistance during Post Design Services (PDS) modifications
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven Flight Simulator experience or transferrable Aircraft Engineering Experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical electronics engineering tasks, with recent demonstrable experience
- Ability to interpret schematics, drawings and electrical wire diagrams
- Solid understanding of both digital and analogue electronic theories
- Able to calibrate, install, maintain, repair, and test flight simulator(s) and associated support equipment
- Knowledgeable and accomplished in the use of personal computers; to include Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Excellent Communication and Technical writing skills are a must
- Able to work flexible shifts that include nights and weekends as required
- Requires ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Role may involve some international travel
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in Distributed Training and Mission Rehearsal operations
- Experience with Image Generators, PCs and Servers
- Experience with aircrew training devices (flight simulators)
- Qualified in soldering techniques.
- Experience with live, virtual, constructive training
- Knowledgeable and experienced with the use of test equipment; to include Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Strip chart recorders, Logic Analyzers, Frequency Analyzers, and DVM's
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you GBP300!
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.