Newhampton Arts Centre Wolverhampton
Dunkley St, Wolverhampton WV1 4AN
Tel: 01902 572090
Title: Finance Officer (P/T)
Hours of work:
- From Sept 2017 - 31st March 2018: 1 day or 7.5 hours per week
- From 1st April 2018 (4 year contract): 2 days or 15 hours per week
Salary: £18,278 pa (pro rata)
(Pay will be reviewed in March 2018)
Holidays: 25 days per year (pro rata)
Closing Date: Fri 3rd Nov 2017
Interviews: week commencing 5th Nov
The Newhampton Arts Centre is looking appoint a part-time Bookkeeper/Finance Officer for one day/ 7.5 hours per week to 31st March 2018, increasing to 15 hours per week from 1st April 2018.
NAC is a busy arts centre offering opportunities in a range of art forms to people across the community. It is entering a period of change following the award of funding from the Arts Council which is due to start in April 2018. This is an exciting time to join the NAC team and play a key role in its ongoing development as an arts centre.
Currently, the finances are managed by the Centre Manager and Administrative Officer. We are looking for an experienced and reliable finance officer to take over some of the financial tasks, to free up and support staff during the process of change. We anticipate that this person will take on increasing responsibility for financial management and become a key member of staff within a committed, hard-working and friendly team.
NAC is open 7 days a week and timing of working hours will be a matter for negotiation.
The NAC's operation will be expanding in 2018, following a grant award from Arts Council England. Excellent financial management is needed in a varied operation that includes income from room hirers, tenants, audience, fundraisers and funders and covers all types of transactions including cash, cheques, card payments and receipts, bacs and paypal. Careful management of budgets, cash flow and systems will be essential.
The job roles will include
- Logging and payment of purchase invoices in accordance with financial procedures
- Checking and logging debit card and Pay Pal payments invoices
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Managing handling of cash and cheques on site
- Paying cheques and cash into the bank
- Preparing monthly/quarterly management accounts against budgets Managing debtors Prepare financial reports as requested by the CEO, management committee, auditors and funders. Help create budgets for funding applications Other duties appropriate to the job role.
- Professional finance qualification or equivalent
- Experience of financial management within a professional capacity
- Proficient at using Sage 50 Accounts and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivating and able to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- Interest in the arts and working with the community.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the ability to relate to the public, clients, staff from a variety of ethnic and social groups
- A willingness to take on some reception duties (answering the phone and directing visitors) when in the front office would be an advantage.
- Experience of Sage Payroll 50 (or other Sage Payroll system) an advantage
- You will report to the CEO and the Treasurer on the Board of Trustees
- NAC offers 25 days a week holiday (pro rata), including Christmas week when the centre is closed) plus bank holidays.
- The current Auto-Enrolment Pension scheme has 3% staff and company contributions.
- NAC support equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all parts of the community.
- We will require two referees
How to Apply
- Contact 01902 572090 or email@example.com for an application form which should be returned by Friday 3rd November
- Return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to Newhampton Arts Centre, Dunkley St, Wolverhampton WV1 4AN
- You may attach a cv if you wish (no longer than 2 sides A4).