PCB Design Engieer
Melbreck Technical is currently working with a leading designer and manufacturer of communication equipment based in Hereford.
My client is looking for a PCB Design Engineer to join their growing business.The PCB Design Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Team Leader by designing and developing RF and digital PCBs.
The role will include schematic capture as well as PCB layout work. The position requires an experienced individual who will have previously held a similar position within the electronics industry.
This role requires working within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to design high quality, high speed, low noise analogue and RF printed circuit boards in accordance with engineering, mechanical and company requirements and processes.
The role will require interaction with an in-house assembly team with a view to delivering boards with a high level of quality and manufacturability in a timely manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Design single sided, double sided and multi-layered PCBs using industry standard techniques, ensuring considerations for DFM/DFT have been made.
- Responsible for completing PCB designs in accordance with agreed project time, cost, quality and performance requirements.
- Working with Electronic/ RF Engineers to develop Schematics.
- CAD library administration including symbol, footprint generation and database administration
- Creation and maintenance of enterprise data packs
- Creation of 3D models and assemblies from 2D layouts
- Technical liaison within Engineering, and other company departments, as well as external suppliers.
- Contributing to continual process improvement within the Engineering Department
- Any other duties that the PCB Design Team Leader deems suitable for this role
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering/Electronics discipline
- Extensive knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout using one of the leading CAD packages, e.g. Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics, Zuken,
- Experience of Gerber file creation and manipulation (RS274x and/or ODB++)
- PCB assembly build packs including: Bill of Materials (BOMs),
- Experience of using Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB layout
If you are interested in this role then please get in contact ASAP at the same time if you know of anyone who is looking and would be suitable for this role I would be really grateful if you could refer them to me.