Senior / Principal Ecologist
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Senior / Principal Consultant to join our expanding terrestrial ecology team in our Leamington office. Our long established but still growing team is working on a broad range of projects in a variety of sectors, including transport, renewables, nuclear, conventional power, waste, minerals and property. We are looking for an individual with a successful track record in managing and delivering high quality technical work. You will have experience in undertaking extended Phase 1 habitat and protected species surveys on development sites. You will also have experience in preparing proposals and in client liaison.
This key role offers excellent opportunities for progression and to take on mentoring/staff management responsibilities. You will have the opportunity to manage dynamic and high profile projects, working closely with our customers and design teams and liaising with the wider multi-disciplinary Amec Foster Wheeler technical teams. We offer a competitive salary package, technical/management training and exposure to a broad range of project types, working closely with other environmental disciplines.
Skills / Qualifications
You will work closely with other ecology team members and with colleagues in other technical disciplines on a wide variety of legally protected species work, ecological impact assessments and habitat creation, enhancement and management schemes.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in ecology or a related subject
- An MSc or PhD in a relevant subject would be beneficial
- You will have managed ecological projects (including undertaking ecological impact assessments), won ecological work in a competitive environment and have strong experience in ecological survey work (with the main focus being on the terrestrial environment
- Experience in acting as an ecological clerk of works and undertaking Habitats Regulations Assessments would be beneficial
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) would also be beneficial
- A valid UK driving licence is essential for this role as is the flexibility to work unsocial hours and to regularly work away on site
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.