Senior Civil Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Senior Civil Engineer specialising in Highways / Drainage / Utilities in our Leamington Spa office. Your role will be part of a team of engineers working on a broad cross section of highway and general infrastructure projects across several markets, including defence, property, industrial and transportation.
You will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious projects across the UK. Key clients include Local Authorities, Crown Estate, Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) and MOD and working with these clients to deliver their aspirations and ambitions will be an important factor. You will play a leading role in the design and assessment of infrastructure projects within multidisciplinary design teams and will take appropriate responsibility for the delivery and quality of the design elements.
We are looking for individuals that have a strong base of technical skills coupled with excellent organisational and communication skills gained in either a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy environment who now want to enhance and diversify these skills within a growing organisation that will support their future development. You will be able to develop diverse skills as the projects will vary from small one of commissions to multi million pound projects
- Senior member of a team of engineers carrying outcivil design following detailed specifications
- Be client facing and able to manage your own workload
- Be capable of managing design teams and provide guidance and mentoring to junior members of the design team
- Adhere to quality and technical assurance procedures for all deliverables produced by the team
- Deliver engineering services/projects to a range of sectors, including waste, water, utilities, and industrial
- Contribute to engineering inputs to PQQs and tenders
- Compliance with Amec Foster Wheeler’s HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy requirements.
Amec Foster Wheeler was voted in the top 20 best places to work in the UK in 2016, in the Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award. Join us, as we continue to deliver excellence, together.Skills / Qualifications
Experience & Skills
- Thorough knowledge and use of AutoCAD and application of BIM
- Experience of 3D design software (e.g. Autodesk Revit and/or Civils 3D)
- User of MicroDrainage Software
- Have working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements
- Has worked within a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy
- 5 years + consultancy experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable technical review/assurance skills
- Previously or currentlying working for one of AmecFW’s direct competitors
- Multi-sector and international experience
- Has experience of working on major infrastructure projects
- NEC Contract environment experience
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
- Graduate Member of a relevant professional body such as ICE, CIWEM, CIHT, IHE
- Close to achieving CEng qualification
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.