Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for an Architectural Consultant to join the Midlands Design team working on a wide range of development planning projects within the Planning, Transport and Design Group of our Environment and Infrastructure business. The role will be to provide support on exciting design projects from our portfolio across a diverse range of sectors including property, local government, development agencies and defence estate development.
- Responsible for supporting the architectural team in the production of drawings, graphics and documents Work will need to be produced to deadlines and quality standards defined by the design task manager Training will be provided in the particular requirements of the different design disciplines
- The role requires creativity, design flair, sound knowledge of building design, good time management and the ability to work accurately under pressure
- The role will require task and project management with guidance and direction from more senior staff
- Support and mentoring will be provided to assist towards RIBA Part 3 qualification
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified to at least degree level (or equivalent) in architecture or a directly related architectural design discipline
- Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate experience of working in UK architectural practice and will have relevant experience
- Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, including BIM systems and protocols
- A working knowledge of M-Color, InfraWorks, Photoshop, In-Design, Creative Cloud, and Sketch-Up would also be very useful as well as MS Office 360 applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.