Associate Director Landscape Architect
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler are seeking an experienced Chartered Associate Director Landscape Architect for our Shrewsbury office to lead the delivery of an expanding portfolio of projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to become an influential member of our wider design team which includes other landscape architects, urban designers and architects within the Planning, Transport and Design group of Amec Foster Wheeler’s Environment and Infrastructure division. You will be involved in an exciting portfolio of projects ranging from landscape and visual assessments of nationally significant projects through to landscape designs of individual sites or masterplans for both private and public sector clients which include local authorities such as the Isle of Anglesey and national organisations such as the Homes and Communities Agency, the Crown Estate and National Grid.
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
Based within our established landscape team in Shrewsbury, you will assist in growing our landscape architecture business throughout England and Wales as well as leading the landscape workstream for existing clients. You will act as project manager/director on commissions with responsibility for ensuring that work is delivered on time and to budget. You will also act as the liaison between the Shrewsbury team and our other landscape teams based in England and Scotland and will be responsible for managing and developing other members of the team.
Skills / Qualifications
Experience / Qualifications Required
- Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (or equivalent)
- Significant experience in the delivery of landscape and visual assessments
- You will have significant experience in a consultancy environment with an exemplary track record in design and delivery of landscape projects; and proven success in client management and business development
- Experience as an expert witness at public inquiry is desirable although not essential
- Typically we would expect someone to have a minimum of ten years' experience to have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this role successfully
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills are a requirement for this role
- Full driving licence essential
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.