Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Project Planner in our Leamington Spa office to join our Project Management team.
As part of the Project Management team in our Infrastructure business, you will be responsible for supporting project delivery by developing and maintaining project schedules and other project support activities. As an engineering consultancy business we deliver a wide range of projects for a number of public and private sector customers. Your role will range from planning simple projects delivered by Amec Foster Wheeler teams to complex programmes with multiple stakeholders that we own on behalf of clients.
- Develop, maintain and own robust project/programme schedules through proactive engagement with Project Managers and technical teams
- Support project review process with project performance information, including highlighting problems and trends
- Provide earned value reporting where required
- Support resource planning and budget development
- Communicate and demonstrate project planning best practice to the Project Management and technical team
- Liaise with Client planners for updates and integration of schedules where required
Experience & Skills
- Fully skilled in the application of project planning and scheduling techniques, able to apply principles to implement a workable and effective plan
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to assess the robustness of project schedules and the risks to critical path
- Ability to see the wider context, while retaining an eye for the detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and outside, including training others in the use of project planning tools and methodology
- Earned Value Management methodology
- Ability to use project planning software (Ideally Primavera and MSP) and office based computer packages, e.g. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as project planner / scheduler on a significant programme or project.
- Conducting project reviews - in particular assessing the robustness of project schedules, progress against plan
- Application of Critical Path Method (CPM) planning techniques
- Application of Risk modelling
- Experience in an engineering consultancy business
- Mentoring/training others in use of planning tools and planning best practice.
- Holds a recognised qualification in planning
- Holds a recognised project management qualification (APMP or equivalent)
- Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering, Science or business subject
Amec Foster Wheeler was voted in the top 20 best places to work in the UK in 2016, in the Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award. Join us, as we continue to deliver excellence, together.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.