Defence Development Specialist - Associate/Technical Director
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting a Defence Development Specialist at Associate / Technical Director level, based in our Leamington Spa office.
This is an exciting client facing role, the main focus of which is to support the continued growth of our planning and design work for the UK Ministry of Defence and the US Department of Defense. There will also be opportunity to work on other property projects for a mix of public and private sector clients. The role will require that you manage projects and/or provide a technical advisory role in estate development planning projects of varying types ranging from feasibility and assessment studies to pre and post contract support.
You will be a proven development planning expert in defence and ideally other property sectors. You will manage projects that are often high profile and challenging, requiring both breadth of vision and a full appreciation of the project lifecycle, with the drive and enthusiasm to become immediately involved with complex projects as part of a successful, delivery focused team. You will demonstrate experience in strategic and site specific land use planning, with a strong project management and technical background, which may range from planning and urban design through to construction or engineering. Your role will include scoping and preparation of project proposals, defining client needs and matching resources to technical requirements; client and project team management, typically working in an integrated ‘partnering’ environment on projects in the defence and potentially other property development sectors.Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Planning, Architecture or other development / construction related discipline
- Membership of Professional Institute in Planning, Architecture or other development / construction related discipline
- Proven senior level experience of in the defence sector or equivalent related public sector estate development field
- Proven experience of consultancy with client facing skills
- Proven ability to employ a range of high level written and illustrative skills and ability to produce print-ready reports related to estate development
- Proven ability to write fee and project bids and perform effectively at interview
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and as part of an established team
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.