Regional Sales Manager Southwest & Midlands
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager - Kalzip, South West & Midlands
Location: Home Based
Department: Sales Department
Salary Range: Circa £40,000 + Car + Benefits
Tata Steel Europe is Europe's second largest steel producer. With main steelmaking operations primarily in the UK and the Netherlands, Tata Steel Europe supplies steel and related services to the construction, automotive, packaging, mechanical engineering and other markets worldwide.
Our Sales & Marketing function is the driving force behind creating one integrated, customer driven company and is focused on delivering the company’s aims of becoming customer intimate and to delivering value to customers by:
- Making customers successful in their markets
- Delivering operational excellence
- Offering innovative products & services
- Being responsible in everything we do
The needs of our customers are different in each market sector, so we have created dedicated market sector teams, such as Automotive, Industry Strip, Energy & Power, Lifting and Excavating and Packaging. This enables us to understand and support the customer through one team, and deepen our knowledge of the market, and of the current and future challenges of the business.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to recruit a Regional Sales Manager, based within our Kalzip business. The successful candidate will be based out of our Haydock site and reporting into the General Manager, will be responsible for the management of the South West & Midlands region.
The purpose of the role is to manage the region in terms of customer satisfaction, lead generation and order fulfilment to support the achievement of our business plans and targets. In addition the role’s purpose is to move the business forward in such a way as to develop and enhance Kalzip service and products. This in turn will secure and improve contribution and turnover through enhanced customer loyalty.
To carry out this role successfully, your role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- To manage resources to ensure orders are won.
- Efficient and effective use of regional resource.
- Run Quarterly Regional Teamkal meetings and hold regular individual meetings with Teamkal and other suppliers.
- Creatively seek out and maximise all projects and business opportunities.
- Provide accurate and timely statistical feedback, forecast and reports as required by the Sales Director.
- Meet all agreed KPI’s relating to customer satisfaction. Project contribution, forward order book levels and sales programme.
- Assist the commercial team including support and promotion of new products, appointment of new Teamkal members.
- Motivate approved contractors to promote our products and achieve quality installation.
- Expand knowledge of alternative systems, strengths, weaknesses and pertinent commercial faults.
- To build a solid excellent reputation to meet, then exceed the client’s expectation.
- Liaising with internal and external clients, customers and end users
- The candidate will ideally have a technically biased approach supported by either extensive successful experience or degree level education.
- Strong organisational and IT skills are required of the candidate as well as proven analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be fully conversant with Microsoft Office programmes including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and have experience with a CRM system.
Technical knowledge including product regulation changes (BS, Codes of Practice, Agreement and HSE) would be desirable along with knowledge of Construction and Roofing.
Closing date: At 11.00pm on Wednesday 22nd September 2017